Audio: Worker Warns Hotel of Las Vegas Shooter Before Concertgoers Are Shot At

There have been a few twists to the story of what happened in the Las Vegas shooting. First the police timeline was that the shooter, Stephen Paddock, began shooting at the Route 91 concertgoers from a room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel and that he was stopped by hero security guard Jesus Campos, who managed to distract him from his shooting, but who got shot in the process in the hallway.

Then on Monday, the police adjusted that report, completely changing the timeline and saying that Campos was shot before Paddock began shooting at any of the concertgoers and that they didn’t know why Paddock stopped his shooting.

That revised timeline also raised the questions. If the security guard was shot at 9:59 as the revised timeline now indicated, then why did it take until 10:17 to get police up to the hotel floor? 18 minutes.

MGM Resorts, the owners of the Mandalay Bay, then added another layer of intrigue yesterday when they seemed to be disputing the revised account given by the police. They did not specify with what they disagreed.

The hotel said that there was a hotel security team that responded, ultimately to the shooting about the same time as the first police arrived. There was also a police team in the hotel investigating another matter.

So both the police team and the hotel security were in the building but it took them 18 minutes after the first shooting report to make it to the 32nd floor?

Today, there’s another report.

From CBS:

A hotel worker, Steven Shuck, said that he warned the hotel and told them to call the police before the shooting at the concertgoers began. He was checking a stuck door in an area nearby when he heard the shooting and encountered the guard, Campos, who had just been shot.

Worker Stephen Schuck says he was checking out a report of a jammed fire door on the 32nd floor of Mandalay Bay when he heard gunshots and a hotel security guard, who had been shot in the leg, peeked out from an alcove and told him to take cover.

“As soon as I started to go to a door to my left the rounds started coming down the hallway,” Schuck said. “I could feel them pass right behind my head.

“It was kind of relentless so I called over the radio what was going on,” he said. “As soon as the shooting stopped we made our way down the hallway and took cover again and then the shooting started again.”

You can hear Shuck on this audio, contacting the hotel, telling them to call the police because there’s shooting on the 32nd floor.

But for some reason, there doesn’t seem to be a clear answer in the reports as to when or if the police were notified by the hotel once they found out about the shooting in the hallway.

Neither police nor the hotel would respond to the question of when or if the hotel called the police, according to the CBS report.